As a leader, you need to understand how social media crises occur, how to minimize your chances of an attack and what to do in the case of a customer attack. Paul Gillin recently wrote Attack of the Customers: Why Critics Assault Brands Online and How to Avoid Becoming a Victim. I spoke with Paul about his new book, these questions and more.
Questions Answered in the Interview
1. What should leaders do to minimize the chances of a social media crisis?
2. What is the first thing leaders should do in a customer attack or social media crisis?
3. What is the one thing leaders should never do during a social media crisis?
Links Mentioned in the Interview
- Social Media Training programs
- Scott Monty (on Twitter)
- Skittles Facebook page
- UPS Facebook page
- Southwest Airlines Facebook page
- Constant Contact website
More from Paul Gillin
Question: What else would say is important for people to know about during a social media customer attack? Leave a comment here.